So many choices
The traditional route
You could try to get an agent, but rejection rates are high:
- They publish only certain genres, and your work may not fit their market.
- Traditional publishing houses tend to be terribly risk averse.
- Perhaps they do not see you as "big" enough for their investment.
Online self-pub providers
These guys are aggressive marketers, so beware.
- They will promise you listing on Amazon, etc,. and sales of thousands. But reality might be different
- The books will be priced in USD and may be too high for the local market.
- The quality of production might not be what you expect; we have some of their titles.
- They will control marketing,
so please check their royalty scheme.
D-I-Y will give you total control of your work and costs, but:
- Unless you are in the industry, there will be a steep learning curve
- You will get to keep all sales revenue.
- But you will have to do all the marketing, which is true no matter which publishing model you choose.
- A D-I-Y model will be a daunting prospect for most people.
The SilverfishNew solution
Assisted D-I-Y is the best way to describe this model:
- You'll have full control of your costs, and there'll be no big sales pitches. You decide.
- We will advise you on how to save costs.
- We will teach you how and where to sell your books.
- We have the of lowest price points of any self-publishing company in Malaysia.